Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A new kind of surgery

When I picked up Wes from school the other day I was asking him how things were going. He is really enjoying it but mentioned that his teacher hadn't been there because he had to have surgery. He said he had to have his liver removed. This sounded a bit odd especially since I had seen him the day before and all seemed well. I asked if maybe it was his gallbladder or appendix. Wesley say "oh ya, it was his appendix". When I was talking to Jesse(Wesley's step mom) a couple days later I mentioned to her that Wesley's teacher had been gone. She said Wesley told her his teacher had to have his INDEPENDENCE removed.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow I wonder what the recovery time is on that??? I love the funny things kids say!
Robyn

Anonymous said...

classic! love it

Cambridge said...

I loved this story, but I have to say it was even funnier in person to watch your face as you told it. I love Wesley he cracks me up.

utmommy said...

Hey I found your blog through Sandra's. Crazy!

Love the story, too cute!