Friday, March 6, 2009

Being a parents STINKS!


Literally. Yesterday was a rough day in the Blanco household. Hinckley has been such a trouble maker lately. You can't let her out of your sight for a second or she'll do something like spread an entire cube of butter all over the stove. Henry and I were in the front room and realized it was a little too quiet. We found Hinckley in the bathroom fingerpainting, but not with paint.
As many of you know Henry has an extremely sensitive gag reflex. So he went off to get his mask that he uses for those especially smelly situations and proceeded to wash walls while I cleaned Hinckley. As soon as he was done with that Maysen made sure he got more good use of that mask. Freakin kids! Thank goodness for Henry!
It does stink being a baby at times too. Poor little Maysen has RSV and has been miserable the last few days. He's so stuffy and has the saddest hoarse little cry. And his mean mom won't stop suctioning his nose all the time. He sure is tough though, hes almost jumped off my lap a few times when I've tried to clean his nose. It's so sad, but he still smiles and has been so good considering. I hope my little guy gets better soon!

3 comments:

Brynn said...

O man, that awesome finger painting! That's the kind of stuff I'm sooo looking forward too! Yuck!
I'm so sorry Mason is sick! Believe me I know how you feel. It's awful. I hope he gets better soon!!

My Life Changing Journey said...

Oh April, just wait this thing call parenthood all get worse when they are teenagers. I have to admit I had to laugh at the blog, I suppose only because those days are over for me. And my husband would have been running out the back door. Laugh at the little things, cause the big things are sure to make you cry. Lauri

Robyn said...

Oh no! RSV??? That is scary stuff. We missed you again at the ER with Addys stitches. 5 right in the middle of her head. ARGH! Well sounds like little Hinkley is a lot like her mom and that trouble maker twin of hers!! Cute as can be though. Hope little Mayson gets better, we will keep him in our prayers. Love ya!!