Sunday, April 5, 2009

What a little s@#%!

Hinckley is such a menace. She is constantly thinking of new ways to aggrevate her Mama and Papa and get into trouble. Lauri, at work, thinks this is hilarious. She often comes up to me wanting to hear the lastest story of what trouble miss Hinckley has been into. She laughs and laughs. It wasn't quite as funny when she was in that place in life, but it sure seems to be when its not your kid! She also loves to remind me, with a sparkle in her eye, of the wonderful teenage years to come. So heres a couple of the latest and greatest for Lauri.
One of our latest battles has been to get Hinckley to spend the entire night in her own bed again. After a night of failed attempts Hinckley had fallen asleep in our bed. Henry woke up at 12:30am and Hinckley was gone. He got up to look for her and found her in the front room with her backpack full of toys on her back, a diet coke in hand, and a big smile on her face. "Hi Papa!"

Hinckley's loves to watch her favorites shows and often monopolizes the TV so we "take turns" or at least thats what she tells me. She'll watch a couple of her favorite shows and then its "Mom's turn." About 3 minutes into my show, 2 year old sassy little Hinckley walks up to the TV turns it off, puts her hands on her hips and says "We need to talk". ok. She comes over, pointing her skinny little finger and jibber jabbers complete nonsense for awhile and then goes back about her business. She repeats this process until I give up.
If this kid wasn't so cute, she'd get it.

2 comments:

My Life Changing Journey said...

Oh my gosh, she cracks me up. The best is the Diet Coke. Kinda reminds me of me. One never knows when a you'll have the need for an ice cold Coke. I have done that myself, gotten up in the middle of the night to hear the fizz and savor the taste.

I know right now it seems a bit overwhelming, but one day you will look back laugh and miss those days. That song of Trace Atkins "You're goin to miss this" is so true. I so miss the days when my kids were spoiled, into everything and so cute. And one day you will to.

Keep me informed, Lil' Miss Hinkley makes me smile. Lauri

Anonymous said...

That freaking kid! Today while going to get her sister she said to me(papa). I miss my dad. I said I am your dad crazy. Papa means dad. She then said "your mean". My dad is at school. Later I was messing with Wes in the the car. And she said "your not my papa""I don't like you" follow by "Papa your silly" I ask why and she said "I don't know. She has more attitude than my sister Sandra, that is unbeliably scary my sister can put the fear of death on any one I know. Hinckley has been one of the most precious gift I have ever received. Thank you so much wife.